In-house training at your workplace can also be provided, please call to discuss prices for group bookings and workplace training.
The workshop has been developed around the pilot scheme for GDC standardised appraisal system and the GDC’s enhanced CPD scheme.
This will ensure that CPD activity is firmly embedded into the activities of dental professionals.
The course is aimed at practice managers, team leaders and anyone who is actively carrying out appraisals to members of the team.
Course content includes
• Purpose and definition of Appraisal
• Planning and preparing for an effective appraisal
• Conducting the appraisal meeting
• selecting an appropriate venue and planning sufficient time frames
• useful techniques for the appraiser
• Completing the correct documentation
• Working with GDC “Standards for the Dental Team” to support registrants in doing CPD regularly, in accordance with standards and within their current scope of practice.
• Personal Development Plan
On completion of the workshop you will be equipped with the appropriate documentation, knowledge and skills to competently carry out an appraisal.
You will gain confidence in supporting and guiding your team to working in accordance with GDC Standards for the Dental Team, as well as preparing a personal develop plan following the GDC recommendations for enhanced CPD.
Training can be provided at one of our national venues or at your workplace *subject to location and number of participants.
All our activities meet the educational criteria required for Verifiable Continuing Professional Development under the General Dental Council Lifelong Learning Scheme.